Every organisation needs to assess the risks it faces, and have plans in place to mitigate those risks. An important part of your overall risk strategy will focus on data protection. The UK GDPR has a number of tools to help you identify and manage data protection risks.
This webinar is designed for organisations who want to understand how to minimise their data protection risks when considering a new project or continuing with normal activities, and how best to use simple free tools to help achieve that.
In this webinar, Nick will explain:
- A simple risk management approach suitable for every organisation
- The UK GDPR principles and the ICO guidance which apply to data protection risk
- A step by step guide to assessing the risks for new projects
- The role of the Data Protection Impact Assessment and why and when you need them
- What ‘Data Protection By Design and by Default’ means, using some case studies, and how to implement it
- How to report on risks to your staff and volunteers, and to your board
As always everything will be related back to the best practice, the UK GDPR and ICO guidance including their new Accountability Framework.
There will be time for a Q&A at the end of the webinar, and you can submit specific questions in advance.