The announcement of moving to step 4 of removing the restrictions put in place because of the COVID-19 pandemic, has been welcomed by the Mass Participations Sports Organisers (“MSO”).
MSO was formed in 2019 to work together and introduce sustainability into mass participation sports events, and it’s members include Cancer Research UK, ChampionChip Ireland, Goldline Events, Grounded Events, GSi Events, Human Race, LimeLight Sports, London Landmarks Half Marathon, London Marathon Events, parkrun, Run 4 Wales, Running High Events, RunThrough Events, The Great Run Company, This Mum Runs and Threshold Sports.
The group has been working with DCMS, Sport England and Run Britain to ensure these events can go ahead this year.
The events that have been proposed so far include:
- 20 July: Standard Chartered Great City Race
- 21 July: return of This Mum Runs community runs
- 24 July: return of parkrun in England
- 25 July: ASICS London 10K
- 1 August: London Landmarks Half Marathon
- 8 August: return Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life and Pretty Muddy events
- 22 August: The Vitality Big Half
- 5 September: London Summer Run
- 12 September: Great North Run
- 12 September: Brighton Marathon
- 26 September: Hackney Half
- 3 October: Virgin Money London Marathon
- 10 October: Royal Parks Half Marathon
- 10 October: Manchester Marathon
- 17 October: Oxford Half
We hope that you have already been planning your mass participation and community events, so good luck!