How could you follow BHF and their declutter challenge, to raise funds for your organisation?
Their research suggests that more than 8 out of 10 of us are hoarding things that could be resold (have you looked in your loft lately?)
If you have a charity shop or shops, you will already have the infrastructure to do this but even if not, could you
- Engage volunteers to run local yard sales
- Organise your own car boot sale
- Open an online store, e.g. eBay or Gumtree
- Provide a way of ‘freecycling’ with a suggested donation
- Offer to help with loft clearances
You will need to consider any local regulations or required insurances, and the Code of Fundraising Practice will give good advice (especially section 11 on Events).
Why not discuss this with your trustees now and see what can be done?