Whether you are an IT professional, fundraiser, trustee, the person responsible for data protection or IT, or a user of your organisations IT systems, this webinar is for you.
Cyber security need not be a daunting challenge and in this webinar Nick Swain will guide you through the National Cyber Security Centre’s 5 quick and easy steps outlined in their free guide.
We will explain and offer practical steps to protect yourself in the areas of:
- Backing up your data, including how to avoid being blackmailed by ransomware attacks
- Protecting your organisation from malware
- Keeping your smartphones and tablets safe
- Using passwords to protect your data, including how to choose a password, how often to change it, and how password managers can help
- Avoiding phishing, smishing, and ransomware attacks
- Updated advice on working from home / hybrid working
As well as working through the NCSC guidelines Nick will offer practical suggestions to implement or talk through with your IT provider (internal or external) and explain why you need a business continuity plan and how to create one.
We will talk about best practice when transferring personal data, and the often asked question about whether sending emails with personal data as an attachment is safe.
As always everything will be related back to the best practice, the UK GDPR and ICO guidance including their new Accountability Framework, and there will be links to free resources to help you.
There will be time for a Q&A at the end of the webinar, and you can submit specific questions in advance