The Fundraising Regulator has said that a significant number of charities are ignoring requests to stop sending marketing communications, and that enforcement will get stronger.
This is based on analysis of which charities are not accessing their Fundraising Preference Service account, to check for, and action requests made by the public to the FPS.
The Fundraising Regulator suggests some simple steps to check your compliance:
- Check if your charity has received an FPS request before
- Check you know who is responsible for FPS requests
- Check all usernames and passwords are up-to-date
- Check if your charity has any outstanding requests
- Check you have adequate processes in place to respond to future requests
You can find more information, and links to help you do these things, at https://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/more-from-us/news/your-charity-compliant-fundraising-preference-service