The Fundraising Regulator has published some research that we all need to take note of.
73% of people questioned would be more confident of supporting a charity that displayed the Fundraising Regulator badge, and also:
- 61% of respondents would be more likely to think positively of a charity showing the Fundraising Badge
- 51% were more likely to support a charity they had never heard of if it was displaying the badge
- 28% have checked if a charity is registered with the Fundraising Regulator before making a donation
You can see the whole article at https://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/more-from-us/news/research-finds-three-quarters-respondents-would-be-more-confident-supporting but the key points seem to be:
- If you are registered with the Fundraising Regulator, can you promote the fact (and the badge) more widely?
- If you are not registered, would the relatively small cost be worth it? You can find out more about registration at https://www.fundraisingregulator.org.uk/registration