The ICO has just published new guidance for any organisation that admits visitors or customers, so that the requirement for contact tracing can be balanced with data protection.
In its latest blog ‘Contact tracing – protecting customer and visitor details‘ it explains the 5 simple steps you need to take, with supporting information under the headings of:
- A – Ask for only what’s needed
- B – Be transparent with customers
- C – Carefully store the data
- D – Don’t use it for other purposes
- E – Erase it line with government guidance
If you have any questions, remember that you can book a free 20-minute insight call to talk it through with me.